Provides Optimal Humidification and Cooling Performance
Eden Prairie, MN, April 6, 2016 (Newswire.com) - DRI-STEEM Corporation (DriSteem), the leading manufacturer of humidification, evaporative cooling, and water treatment products, delivers an innovative wetted media system with five money-saving, patent-pending technologies. The DriSteem Wetted Media System provides evaporative cooling and humidification for a wide variety of applications while taking advantage of the free cooling and energy savings inherent with this technology.
Wetted media systems work by using the heat already in the air to evaporate water as it passes through saturated media, saving on energy costs compared to alternative evaporative cooling equipment or steam humidification. In addition, the wetted media system can effectively manage shoulder season cooling load, as well as assist on peak cooling days to avoid purchase of additional cooling equipment. In retrofit situations where the cooling load has increased, installation of a wetted media system is significantly less costly than adding a chiller.
The DriSteem Wetted Media System boasts five money-saving, patent-pending innovations:
1. Multiple, separately controlled stages of media allow the system to dry out one stage at a time, so remaining stages can continue to evaporate water and cool the air. Dry-out time is never longer than necessary and up-time is maximized.
2. Temperature control lets the system anticipate the need for additional stages based on temperatures upstream and downstream of the wetted media.
3. Individual pumps for each stage allows for the use of smaller pumps that run less frequently and use less energy when they’re running.
4. Water is constantly circulated through the UV germicidal system, with a power-flush drain pump keeping debris constantly moving and in suspension before being directed by a jet of water to the drain. This suspension and removal of debris reduces scale build-up, cutting down maintenance time.
5. Cycle of concentration control manages drain cycles, keeping the system operating in the window between minimum and maximum cycles of concentration (number of times the dissolved minerals in the system water are concentrated versus the level in the makeup water). This level of control protects the structural integrity of the media, reducing the frequency of media replacements.
“The DriSteem Wetted Media System delivers reliable, economical cooling and humidification,” said Steve Felber, DriSteem Product Manager. “We are especially proud of our wetted media system’s innovative features that ensure the highest performance with energy- and cost-efficient operation.”
For more information about the DriSteem Wetted Media System, visit www.dristeem.com or call 952-949-2415.
DriSteem is a premier provider of humidification, evaporative cooling, and water treatment solutions for commercial and industrial applications. DriSteem offers custom systems for critical indoor environments such as health care, data centers, and other facilities requiring precise control of moisture and cooling in the air.
DriSteem’s 50-year history of development and innovation has resulted in multiple patented designs that not only meet, but anticipate, customers’ unique needs. DriSteem is a subsidiary of Research Products Corporation, manufacturer of Aprilaire®, the leading residential humidifier brand, as well as air cleaners, heat-recovery systems and HVAC accessories. Visit DriSteem at www.dristeem.com.